Boston Community Collaborative coordinated another amazing on court opportunity for kids this week. 30 lucky kids ranging in age from 8-15 got to form the “HIGH FIVE TUNNEL” for the first game of the Boston Celtics vs. Washington Wizard playoff series. These kids high-fived players returning to the court from their locker rooms after half time.
Several things that these kids got to experience: Seeing the Garden from the perspective of the court, being right next to gigantic Celtics during their warm ups, walking right past the half time flipping dunkers and Lucky, walking right past the court side news anchors, Isaiah Thomas’s tooth loss, and a phenomenal Celtics come back and win.
BCC is thrilled to be able to facilitate such a cool opportunity for these kids.
BCC was incorporated in 2013 and strives to create community by connecting people and resources.
BCC offers courses in Drama, Dance, Fitness and Engineering for Kids during the St John School afterschool program, courses in Drama in the North End, and at the Josiah Quincy afterschool program. BCC holds a Movers and Shakers class for babies and toddlers at the West End Community Center. BCC hosts a number of community events: Movie Nights in the Gassy during the summer, an annual Halloween Party for adults, and an annual Springtime Egg Hunt in Christopher Columbus Park. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- Upcoming Events:
June 2 and 3, 7 pm, – location TBA – “Alice’s Wonderland”. Our Youth Main stage Production featuring a cast of young people as well as professional actors.
- June 11, 2 pm – “Twisted Tales; A Play on Perspectives” – Our next end of session presentation featuring collaborations between all of our students.
- June 13, 5:30, Josiah Quincy School – “Campfire Tales”. Our presentation for the end of our next session at the Josiah Quincy School.
- July 5-9, Dover NH at the Seacoast Fringe Festival. “Woman Writer’s Suicide Club”. Our adult main stage production from this year has been accepted into this regional theater festival. Ages 18 and up.
- Wednesday nights all summer long. North End Movie Nights in the Gassy
- August, 2017, Our week long summer intensive theatre offering. “Hairspray”. A musical theatre intensive based on the music and book of the Broadway hit “Hairspray”.