Boston Community Collaborative coordinated an amazing on court opportunity for kids at Thursday night’s Celtics playoff game 5 vs the Cleveland Cavaliers. This was the final game of the Celtic’s Season. 20 lucky kids got to experience the Celtic’s “ANTHEM BUDDIES” experience before the game. The “ANTHEM BUDDIES” experience is when the kids line up in front of the Celtics for the singing of the National Anthem.
Some of the notable highlights of the evening: Some of the kids got to fist bump Shaq and Charles Barkley while waiting to get on court. The kids got to see lots of behind the scenes activity in the media area. While waiting to line up in front of the Celtics, they got to watch warmups from courtside. They got to experience the players up close and personal and be very impressed by the size of the massive NBA players.
BCC is thrilled to be able to facilitate such a cool opportunity for these kids.
BCC was incorporated in 2013 and strives to create community by connecting people and resources.
BCC offers courses in Drama, Dance, Fitness and Engineering for Kids during the St John School afterschool program, courses in Drama in the North End, and at the Josiah Quincy afterschool program. BCC holds a Movers and Shakers class for babies and toddlers at the West End Community Center. BCC hosts a number of community events: Movie Nights in the Gassy during the summer, an annual Halloween Party for adults, and an annual Springtime Egg Hunt in Christopher Columbus Park. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upcoming Events:
June 2 and 3, 7 pm, – location TBA – “Alice’s Wonderland”. Our Youth Main stage Production, co-produced by Boston Community Collaborative and The Nazzaro Center features a cast of young people as well as professional actors.
• June 4, 12 pm (NOTE DATE AND TIME CHANGE) – “Twisted Tales; A Play on Perspectives” – Our next end of session presentation featuring collaborations between all of our students.
• June 13, 5:30, Josiah Quincy School – “Campfire Tales”. Our presentation for the end of our next session at the Josiah Quincy School.
• July 5-9, Dover NH at the Seacoast Fringe Festival. “Woman Writer’s Suicide Club”. Our adult main stage production from this year has been accepted into this regional theater festival. Ages 18 and up.
• Wednesday nights all summer long. North End Movie Nights in the Gassy
• August, 2017, Our week long summer intensive theatre offering. “Hairspray”. A musical theatre intensive based on the music and book of the Broadway hit “Hairspray”.