Boston Police District A-1 provided an update on recent neighborhood crime incidents, summarized below, at the November 2016 North End Public Safety Meeting. The figures below cover the last 30 days period:
Part 1 Crime (YTD)
– City-wide: Down 7%
– District A-1: Down 4%
– 10/7 at 300 Hanover Street, 12.00am: Blind person was scammed by a friend who was counting their money ($120) for them, the suspect walked away post-incident and flagged down a cab.
– 10/20: Victim ordered sneakers on eBay (paid for via PayPal). The sneakers were determined to be fake, the victim could not reach the seller.
– 10/21 at 15 Unity Street: Boxes were delivered to lobby, but they were already opened.
– 10/23 at 404 Commercial Street, 8.00pm: Bicycle chained to a streetlight pole was stolen, the value of the bicycle is $250.
– 10/27 at 10 Prince Street, 5.48pm: Ring missing from kitchen table, it is currently unknown if the item was stolen or simply misplaced.
– 10/31: Victim met a homeless male at the Haymarket “T” stop, who then helped carry the victim’s bags to her apartment. She let him enter her apartment to watch TV, and $700 cash was stolen, along with 6 bottles of prescription medications.
Larceny from a Motor Vehicle (1)
– 10/21 at 600 Commercial Street (North End Parking Garage): A car was parked overnight (keys left with the valet) when the victim returned to pick up the car, a laptop and iPhone was missing.
– 10/14 at 44 Prince Street, 8.20pm: Assault & Battery (domestic incident).
– 11/2 at 137 Endicott Street: Man pulled out a knife and was waving it around, the suspect fled the area. Hours later, at 2:30am, the suspect was located by Parziale’s Bakery, no knife was found. The suspect appeared to be a homeless person, who provided the police with an address of 39 Boylston Street (Street Francis House).
North End Public Safety meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month, 6:00 p.m., at the Nazzaro Community Center, 30 N. Bennet Street. All are welcome!