by Mary Wright, nurse educator for North End Waterfront Health
Halloween is just around the corner, so it’s time to review a few tips to help keep everyone safe.
- Don’t trick or treat alone. Go trick-or-treating with an adult.
- Visit only people that you know. Trick or treat in your own neighborhood.
- Be sure your costume allows you to see and hear clearly.
- Watch and listen for cars.
- Be careful crossing the streets. Look both ways.
- Wear brightly colored clothing. Use glow in the dark patches or stripes on your costume so you can be seen.
- Carry a flashlight.
- Don’t eat anything until your parents check it. Don’t eat anything that is not wrapped.