News about this year’s Spring food truck lineup from the Rose Kennedy Greenway:
The Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy today announced a record line-up of 30 food trucks and trikes, including 11 new vendors, 6 of those new food vendor debuts, for the 2015 season of Greenway Mobile Eats. Beginning Wednesday, April 1st, the largest ever number of food vendors in five years of Mobile Eats will offer a wide variety of fresh, affordable cuisine at six different vending locations along the Rose Kennedy Greenway seven days a week.
There will be up to 20 trucks and trikes vending on the Greenway daily during the height of the season; specifics can be found at this website with updates via @HelloGreenway on Twitter. From bacon delicacies and wood-fired pizza, to fresh tacos and noodle bowls – the trucks never disappoint the neighborhood’s lunchtime crowd.
“We are so pleased to open our sixth season of Mobile Eats, celebrating the return of spring after a very snowy winter,” said Jesse Brackenbury, Executive Director of the Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy. “The tremendous variety of fresh, healthy, and locally sourced food items available at reasonable prices makes Mobile Eats a popular reason to visit the Greenway. We are proud to support the entrepreneurs and restaurateurs who have built a vibrant mobile food industry in Boston as we welcome them back to the Greenway for another delicious season.”
Save the date: Saturday, April 18th for the Greenway Spring Food Fest! Come and meet 12 of our new and returning vendors on April 18th from 12noon-4pm in the Wharf District Parks between Milk Street and India Street. This a great opportunity to try out “Greenway Cuisine” – especially for those who cannot make to the Greenway on weekdays. (Rain date is April 25th)
Over 412,000 hungry patrons were served on the Greenway during the Conservancy’s 2014 Mobile Eats season. Earned income for the Conservancy from Mobile Eats has grown from $26,000 in its 2010 inaugural year to over $400,000 expected in 2015.
NEW vendors for the 2015 Greenway Mobile Eats season:
- Batch Ice Cream (handmade ice cream) – truck – @batchicecream
- *Boston Cream Pie Company (individual Boston Cream Pies) – trike
- KimKim BBQ (Korean BBQ fusion) – truck – @KimKimBBQ
- Lilo’s (Hawaiian inspired) – truck – @lilosplates
- Northeast of the Border (Mexican food) – truck – neotbtruck.com
- Posto (wood fired pizzas) – truck – @postomobile
- *Sabroso (Mexican food) – truck – sabrosotaqueria.com/foodtruck.html
- Tea Station (bubble teas, snacks) – truck
- *Third Cliff Bakery (drip coffee, shortbread, cookies and snacks) – trike – @ThirdCliffBaker
- Wow BBQ (variety of Asian BBQ skewers) – truck – @IoveWOWbbq
- Zinneken’s (Belgian style waffles) – truck – @zinnetruck
* Indicates mobile food vending debut in Boston
2015 Greenway Mobile Eats: Tips and Information
- 19 trucks and trikes are returning to the Greenway for another season of Mobile Eats: Bacon Truck, Baja Taco Truck, Bon Me, Chicken and Rice Guys, Chubby Chickpea, Clover Food Lab, The Coffee Trike, Cookie Monstah, The Dining Car, Frozen Hoagies, Mei Mei Street Kitchen, Momogoose, Moyzilla, Pennypacker’s, Roxy’s Grilled Cheese, Stoked Pizza, Taco Party, Tenoch, and Zo on the Go.
- The primary locations for food vending Monday through Friday are: Dewey Square Park Plaza, Dewey Square Park @ Congress St, and Rowes Wharf Plaza. Vendors can also be found in Chinatown Park, the Rings Fountain and at the Greenway Carousel.
- The daily schedule and specific locations of participating vendors can be found on the Conservancy’s website.
- On Saturdays from May 2 through mid-October, selected Mobile Eats vendors can be found at the Greenway Open Market located in the Wharf District Parks between State and India Streets.
- Patrons are invited to “Like” Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway on Facebook and follow @HelloGreenway for the latest updates and reminders about where the food trucks will be on any given day.
A vendor’s inclusion in the Greenway Mobile Eats program is subject is successful permitting and contract completion. This year’s line-up of 30 vendors was selected from a total of 41 submitted proposals. The Conservancy, working with the City of Boston and Greenway neighbors, may add vendors during the season as opportunities present themselves.
About The Rose Kennedy Greenway and Conservancy
The Rose Kennedy Greenway is a mile-and-a-half of contemporary parks in the heart of Boston. The Greenway is a roof garden atop a highway tunnel that connects people and the city with beauty and fun. The non-profit Conservancy maintains, programs, and improves the Greenway on behalf of the public and in partnership with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The Conservancy has won numerous awards, including for our organic landscape care and park programming.
- Web: www.rosekennedygreenway.org
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/rosekennedygreenway
- Twitter: @hellogreenway
- Instagram: RoseKennedyGreenway