Neighborhood View of the Day
“High on Hanover” was the caption that Dr. Joe Mendola put on this photo as a huge crane does its thing on Hanover Street. It’s a good thing the crane is gone before the storm on Thursday and Friday.
Did you take a cool photo? Have it featured by submitting it here. Please include a title, date taken and a sentence or two describing the photo. See more neighborhood photos under the “Photos & Videos” menu and view recent photo posts here.
About that Storm
What’s Happening In The North End / Waterfront
Scheduled for Thursday night, March 7th:
- Friends of the North End Branch Library Fundraiser, 6:30 pm, Fairmont Battery Wharf Hotel, $45/ticket
- North End Public Safety Meeting, 6:30 pm at the Nazzaro Center, 30 N. Bennet St.
View the details on upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
What’s new on the blog
- #FakeBostonOlympicEvents @NorthEndBoston
- Neighborhood Council (NEWNC) March 11, 2013 Agenda: Greenway, LuLu’s, Billy Tse’s, 78-80 Salem St. & 1-3 Lewis St.
- Old North Church 2013 Gala Raises Funds for Outreach Programs and Prado Tree Trimming [Photos]
- Ristorante Limoncello, AS Roma Club of Boston and “Street Corner Society” in the March 2013 Bostoniano
- Billy Tse Restaurant Seeks Outdoor Sidewalk Seating at 240 Commercial Street
- Police Blotter: Living Room Issued License Violation After Fight Inside Sends Victim to Hospital
- Downtown View: March Goodness
- Jigsaw Picture Puzzle: Old North Circle Window & Lanterns
- Craigslist Stations of the Cross Relic Might Be From Former North End St. Mary’s Church
Notable News Found Elsewhere
- Boston residents were profiled in a very serious story as “they continued playing their adorable little game of “Big City,” a live-action role-playing adventure in which Bostonians buzz about their daily routines in a delightful hubbub of excitement as if they lived in a major American metropolis” and read “The Boston Globe, whose reporters get to play a game of Big-City Journalist each and every day.” Read the full story at The Onion.
Your additions and comments are welcome below.