Neighborhood View of the Day
The statue of Italian American boxing legend, Tony DeMarco, glistens in the moonlight at the entrance of Hanover Street with the decorative bell tower in back over the tunnel building on North Street. See more photos from the October 2012 unveiling ceremony.
Did you take a cool photo? Have it featured by submitting it here. Please include a title, date taken and a sentence or two describing the photo. See more neighborhood photos under the “Photos & Videos” menu and view recent photo posts here.
What’s Happening In The North End / Waterfront
Community meetings coming up this week include the North End Public Safety Meeting on Thursday, Friends of the North End Parks on Wednesday and NEWRA’s Parks and Open Space Committee on Tuesday. Plus, the Friends of the North End Branch Library are having a fundraiser on Thursday.
View the details on these upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
What’s new on the blog
- Pinkberry Frozen Yogurt Franchise Plans Hanover Street Store in Boston’s North End
- RUFF Gets an Early Start on Spring Cleaning in the North End
- Boston Massacre 2013 Reenactment [Photo Slideshow]
- 7-Story, 66 Feet High Residential Development Proposed on 9 Cooper Street
- North End / Waterfront Restaurants Participate in Restaurant Week Boston – March 17-22 & 24-29, 2013
- Zoning Relief Sought at 3 Garden Court
- Advisory Committee Meeting for Parcel 9 Scheduled for March 20, 2013
- St. Francis House Bake Sale & Flea Market on March 23, 2013
- Recycling Day on Fulton Street
What people are talking about
- The 66 feet high proposed building on Cooper Street … here
- Pinkberry … love it or hate it? … here (guess what the next poll is going to be)
- And of course, trash … here
Join the discussion. Your comments are highly encouraged!
Notable News Found Elsewhere:
- Bread & Butter is expected to open by Marathon Day in the Cross St. space formerly occupied by Caffe Grafitti, says Brian Lesser of Speakeasy Group to The Phoenix.
- The Sunday Globe cover story by Casey Ross highlights the surge of housing and new entrants in downtown Boston wondering how the city will meet the needs of this fresh blood. Boston.com
Today Thu-08/21/14 Fri-08/22/14 Clear75°/61° Partly Cloudy75°/63° Partly Cloudy73°/61°
Your additions and comments are welcome below.