3-Day Forecast for the North End / Waterfront Today Wed-05/22/13 Thu-05/23/13 Chance of Rain70°/55° Chance of a Thunderstorm84°/66° Chance of a Thunderstorm77°/61°
What’s Going On Today:
There is a lot going on today in the North End / Waterfront area.
- It’s RUFF Love on Cross Street at 10:15 am – 12:30 pm. Stop by for coffee and breakfast treats.
- If doggie love doesn’t do it for you, try the Free Hugs on Salem Street from 11am-1pm as part of a youth fundraising event.
- At 1:00 pm, the Tony DeMarco statue will be unveiled on the corner of Hanover and Cross Streets.
- There is also a Printing Demonstration at the Paul Revere House at 1:00 pm.
- At 2:00 pm, the Eliot School Community Festival kicks off the celebration for the school’s 300th anniversary on the Prado. This event runs through 5:00 pm. See the flyer.
- Both Saturday and Sunday, the First Annual Street Theater Festival is running at Faneuil Hall Marketplace.
- And if you have tickets, enjoy the St. Leonard Church Dinner Dance tonight at the All Hands Club, U.S. Coast Guard Base.
The Events Calendar has all the details.
What’s new on the blog:
Photos from Friday’s preview event for the First Annual Street Theater Festival.
We post the hearing notice for the Nuisance Control Ordinance, scheduled for October 25th.
What people are talking about:
Boston Police apprehended a purse snatcher around Mercantile Wharf on Atlantic Avenue. See the police blotter.
Under the radar:
The Zoning, Licensing and Construction Committee agenda for October 23rd is posted by NEWRA.
Notable News Found Elsewhere:
Jening Photography posts pictures from an engagement session shoot at Christopher Columbus Park.
Have you heard about the restaurant barge planned for Piers Park in East Boston across the harbor?
Neighborhood Photo of the Day:
This photo comes from the preview event for the First Annual Street Performers Festival running this weekend at Faneuil Hall Marketplace. Shown below is The Jim Show.
Click photo image above to enlarge. Did you take a great photo? Send it in.
Your comments are welcome below. Then, go and enjoy the day!