It’s back! The FREE International Festival of Emerging Photography Returns to Fairmont Battery Wharf, June 07 – 10, 2012!
The Magenta Foundation is thrilled to return to Boston with its second installment of Flash Forward Festival, taking place June 7-10, 2012 at Fairmont Battery Wharf on the city’s revitalized North End waterfront. Following its successful debut in 2011, this year’s festival now expands to include gallery shows and public art installations across the city. This is a can’t-miss opportunity to check out the hottest new art stars from the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom and network with powerhouse industry professionals from across the globe.
Who: The Magenta Foundation along with TD Bank Financial Group, Fairmont Battery Wharf and Fairmont Hotels & Resorts present Flash Forward Festival Boston.
Visitors will have the chance to connect with important industry personalities, gallerists, content developers and potential patrons, and enjoy public art all while gaining insight into ‘how to succeed in the business of photography’. Whether you are an emerging or established photographer, an arts-based media professional, or a lover of photography, this festival experience is for you.
What: Four full days of FREE exhibitions, book fairs, public art installations, nightly celebrations, and buzz-worthy programming. Highlights include:
- Day 1: The Industry
Vanity Fair (Art Director Chris Dixon) / WINKREATIVE (Maurus Fraser) Flash Forward Group Show Exhibition Opening 7-10pm
- Day 2: Publishing – Breaking the Mold
Wonderful Machine / Once Magazine (Co-Founder John Knight) / Photographer Aline Smithson
Humble Arts Exhibition Opening 7-10pm
- Day 3: Thinking Outside the Box
Tony Fouhse / Emphas.is (Co-Founder Tina Ahrens) / Photo Shelter (CEO Allen Murabayashi) / Photographer David Hilliard
Additional Highlights around Boston include:
- Boston Photographers Exhibition, 450 Harrison #75, May 22 – June 14 Curated by Robert Klein Gallery & Panopticon Gallery
- Taking In, 2011: The Best of AIB Photography Laconia Gallery, June 01 – July 15
- Focus Awards hosted by the Griffin Museum of Photography Fairmont Battery Wharf, June 06
- Outdoor Harborwalk Exhibition
Fairmont Battery Wharf, May – Sept 2012
- Rose Kennedy Greenway Exhibition, May –June, 2012
Where: Fairmont Battery Wharf, Two Battery Wharf, Boston, MA, 02109
- For a full list of exhibitions, events and programming please visit www.flashforwardfestival.com.