NORTH END/WATERFRONT RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION
Zoning, Licensing and Construction Committee
Meeting Agenda (Revised 8/22/10)
Tuesday, August 24, 2010, 7:00 PM
The Pilot House, 2 Atlantic Avenue
Zoning and Licensing Applications
There are no immediate zoning or licensing applications. The applications for zoning relief at 133 Salem Street (convert to retail on first floor, residential on floors 2 and 3) and 65 Salem Street (formerly Go Banana’s; convert from retail with take-out to restaurant with take-out) have been postponed by the applicants to the September 28 ZLC Committee meeting and October 14 NEWRA meeting.
7:00 PM – 7:50 PM
The following will be discussed:
- Modifications to vehicular use of Cross Street Plaza
- Boston Water and Sewer construction at Atlantic Avenue and Richmond Street
- Boston Transportation Department’s hazardous cargo truck route study
- BRA’s Greenway District Use and Development Guidelines
- Market District developments (Greenway Parcels 7 and 9 and Blackstone Block)
- Bulfinch Triangle supermarket
- Appointment process to fill the seat on the Licensing Board that opened with the retirement of Daniel Pokaski
NEWRA Voting Procedures on Z&L Applications
7:50 PM – 8:10 PM
The Executive Committee is expected to discuss at its next meeting, on August 26, the procedures for voting on zoning and licensing applications. The ZLC Committee will conduct a short discussion to help inform the Executive Committee’s deliberations.
NEWRA Alcohol Licensing Policy
8:10 PM – 8:45 PM
The Committee will continue its review of the NEWRA Alcohol Licensing Policy and consider recommending further changes to it. On July 8, 2010, NEWRA members voted to approve the ZLC and Executive Committees’ recommendation to amend the policy with respect to hours of operation.
For more information about ZLC Committee meetings, David Kubiak, ZLC Committee Co-chair, at 617-833-9564 or firstname.lastname@example.org. More information at www.newra.org.